An organic apple a day keeps the doctor away ;)
Why choose organic apples you ask? .
1. Apples are listed number 1 on the dirty dozen list, meaning they are the most highly sprayed out of the top 12 most chemical laden fruit and veg. Pesticides are toxic. The sole purpose of any pesticide is to kill living organisms. .
2. Spraying pesticides is harmful to the farm workers. We don’t often think of the work environment of those that pick our food, but it is something to consider, not to mention our environment and the flow on effect this has. .
3. The taste. The taste between conventional and organic apples is one you have experience for yourself, and then you will never go back. .
4. Your health and that of your families ❤️ . .
PALEO GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CAKE . .
I n g r e d i e n t s . 1 cup organic almond meal 2 TBS tapioca flour ½ tsp sea salt ½ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp baking soda ¼ cup coconut oil ½ cup coconut sugar 1 egg 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 ½ cups chopped apples .
T o p p i n g . ¼ cup pecans chopped 1 TBS coconut sugar ½ tsp cinnamon . .
I n s t r u c t i o n s .
1. Preheat oven to 180 degress C. Grease an 8x8” pan, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, and ½ tsp of cinnamon; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, coconut sugar.
4. Mix in egg and and vanilla until well combined.
5. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Stir in the apples, pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans on top.
7. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over pecans.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven until the bars spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bars cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares and enjoy!